A 52 Week Journey of Baby Steps to Help You Move Towards More Natural, Nutritious and Sustainable Living
I had the privilege to review Stephanie Langford's book from Keeper of the Home, Healthy Homemaking: One Step at a Time. I was just as happy with this book as I was with the first one I read, Real Food on a Real Budget. I know you will find this one very helpful as well.
Healthy Homemaking: One Step at a Time is a 76-page "compilation of practical, relevant and varied 'baby steps', designed to take you on a one-year journey. One of the major premises behind the way [Stephanie has] written [Healthy Homemaking] is to keep it from being overwhelming. The intent is to focus instead on the little victories in each positive step we take forward, one step at a time."
I love that this book is set up in a 52-week format. That way I can start with the premise that it's okay that not all of the changes I want to make will occur over night. I also like that if you get the e-version you can click on the many links that Stephanie has provided for further information on each topic. I definitely took many notes along the way of changes that I want to begin implementing!
As Stephanie states, "If this book isn't flexible and the suggestions sensible and easy to use, chances are you just won't use it. It's as simple as that. Being a busy wife, mom and homemaker, I know that any sort of how-to book I read has got to be extremely practical (as opposed to purely theoretical), not to mention adaptable to my lifestyle and schedule, if I'm going to really jump in and make good use of it." Stephanie has made Healthy Homemaking "just that sort of book, with plenty of different options to help you get started at your own pace and in a way that will most suit where you are at along the road to more natural living."
Who is this book for? It's for you if...
• You really want to move towards a healthier lifestyle, but you don't know where to start.
• You've done a lot of reading and researching on healthy living, but feel paralyzed by all the changes that need to be made.
• You've started to make some positive changes in your life, but you know there are more changes to come, and you want a simple way to keep working on them one by one.
• You have a vague idea that eating healthier and living in a simpler, sustainable and more natural way might be a good thing, and you just want some ideas about what that looks like.
• You're not sure that you're committed to the whole 52 weeks concept, but you love the idea of bite-sized chunks that you can just work on one at a time, without feeling pressured or overwhelmed.
• You're a busy homemaker and you know you need to make changes for yourself and your family, but you just don't have time to do the research and you want someone else to do it for you and coach you on what to do! (taken from Healthy Homemaking)
I know you'll definitely want to read this book! And, I think we're due for another giveaway so here's one to keep us going! You have several ways to enter to win an e-book version of Healthy Homemaking. Be sure to leave separate comments so that each one counts as an entry. They are chosen randomly from random.org.
- Leave a comment on this post telling me why you would love to win this e-book.
- Become a follower of Purposeful Homemaking
- "Like" Purposeful Homemaking on Facebook
- "Like" Keeper of the Home on Facebook.
Drawing will end at 12 midnight EST on Thursday, March 24.
If you can't wait to get a copy of your own, you can order it here.
Note: Although I am an affiliate for this book, everything I have written about it is my personal opinion and honestly written. I was not paid to write this post.