Our Newest Little Treasure: Caden Michael

He's finally here! We're so thankful for the safe arrival of our new son, Caden Michael. I'll tell you briefly the birth story and then share some pictures of him. :)
My due date was Sunday, July 7 but I was praying I'd go into labor over the holiday because my husband would have more time with us that way (he didn't have much vacation time at all). Thankfully the Lord answered that prayer (and many others!)
Here's the Story...
I had been having contractions off an on for a week or so before I actually went into labor so when they started again in the early evening on the 4th of July I didn't  think too much about it. We had just gotten to my parents' house for a 4th of July picnic with the family when the first contraction started. It was nothing major so I enjoyed dinner with the family. However, the contractions kept coming, but they were irregular. I kept thinking this would be the perfect night to go into labor because our kids were already having a camp out in my parents' backyard.
Around 8:30 p.m. after 3 hours of contractions, I figured it might be a good idea to head home and get our stuff together so that we'd be ready to go. Since my contractions were still irregular I decided to stick it out at home awhile longer. Besides I was really hungry. Might as well make a date night out of this since the kids were gone, right? My husband, Adam, headed to Taco Bell to get me a bean burrito (I know, you're probably wondering what in the world was I thinking???) and then picked up some peanut butter cups (our child with the peanut allergy was gone so I might as well enjoy some while I could, right??) and some Izzie's to drink. Don't worry, it wasn't too long after I ate all that that I was wondering, "What was I thinking???" Thankfully, there wasn't a bad end to the late night snacking and come 3 in the morning when I was famished and not allowed to eat I was really thankful I had eaten!
Anyways, before things got too serious we continued to watch T.V but around 11 I couldn't focus on anything but contractions anymore so I told my husband it was time to go even though the contractions were still irregular and not 5 minutes apart. My husband said we needed gas in the car (really?) so he went for that while I just timed my contractions at home. However, in the time he was gone, my contractions started to be 2, 3 and 4 minutes apart. Unfortunately, my husband forgot his cell phone so I couldn't call him AND the local fireworks display had just finished so all of the traffic was letting out at the same time he was trying to get back home to me.
It seemed like forever until he showed up and in the mean time, I got all of our stuff out on the porch so that we could go as soon as he got home. He finally pulled into the driveway and we were on our way to the hospital!
It was supposed to be a quick labor (ha ha!) but I ended up laboring through the night and FINALLY after 14 hours at 9:28 a.m. on July 5, Caden Michael entered the world and we've been in love ever since.
I hope you enjoy the pictures of our little love.


Thanks so much for visiting Purposeful Homemaking. Please take a moment to "Like" me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter and Pinterest or stay connected with Google Friend Connect so you don't miss a thing!


Current Sponsors


Anonymous said...

congrats- just precious- i want him :) said...

Thanks. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...