Are you looking for ideas for Christmas gifts that won't clutter up your house? Me, too! I have compiled a list of 100+ Gift Ideas that won't take up much space in your home. Our own personal story of downsizing is what fueled many of these gift suggestions and many of them are on our own family's Christmas lists.
100+ Clutter Free Gift Ideas
I chose to go with a Christmas Gift Idea list that would focus on gifts that are practical, educational, don't take up much space or are things that are family wouldn't normally be able to afford. Basically, things we'd put on our own Christmas lists.
There are several personal reasons for this type of a list.
One being, we live in a bi-level styled home that is just under 1200 square feet. Our home does not have an open floor plan which makes it challenging for a homeschooling family of 6 (almost 7) to not trip over things (and the occasional person) and still have room to stretch.
I also know my own heart and its tendency to want more and more stuff. I don't think I'll ever be able to rid myself of that struggle, but it doesn't mean I have to embrace it.
In the past, I have dreaded December 26 because I woke up with that empty, somewhat depressed feeling that "it" was all over. I don't want to feel like that each year come the day after Christmas and I certainly don't want our children to experience it either.
If I can focus on the Christmas Season and what it represents, it helps me to not turn inward thinking of what I hope to get and then being disappointed because my expectations weren't met. I think that's why so many people deal with depression around the holidays. We have all of these crazy, unmet expectations and when our focus is wrong, our ideals come crashing down around us.
But that's not to say I don't look forward to the joy and excitement on our children's faces come Christmas morning! It is so fun to hear their excitement and expressions of thankfulness, even over the more practical gifts. We love to lavish our children with love in our own unique way and this year we want our children to receive gifts of time and special interests.
Here's a list of 100+ ideas to help get your creative ideas flowing as you start to work on your Christmas list.
Clutter Free Gift Ideas
- Liberty's Kids (animated movies about American history)
- Torchlighters (animated movies with church history heroes for ages 8-12)
- October Baby
- Animated Stories from the Bible
- Beyond the Mask (you can read more about this Christian film here)
- Gift Card to Favorite Restaurant
- Juice Plus+ (the gift of health!)
- Gift Card to Coffee Shop (even for the kids!)
- Gift Card for Activity (miniature golf, bowling, jump house, skating, trampoline place, or event tickets)
- Gift Card to Joann Fabrics for someone who loves to craft or sew
- Amazon Gift Card
- Loose Leaf Tea and a Tea Glass (We're huge tea drinkers around here and the kids love their tea glasses!)
- Bass Pro Shop Gift Card (Our boys LOVE getting these and I love it when they do! It lets them pick out fun out door items to keep them busy or new camo clothes or hats)
- Money for kids' savings account
- Sprinkler for the kids
- Family Vacation
- Day Trip
- Favorite Foods
- Movie passes
- Amazon Prime (free 2- Day shipping for one year, movie access, etc.)
- Homemade Food (special treats for each member of the family)
- Free babysitting
- Family photo session
Music/Books on CD/Electronics:
- Kindle (or other Tablet) (instead of buying paperback books, I get them on my Kindle to save money and space)
- Hidden in My Heart Lullabies
- Sugar Creek Gang Audio Set
- List Plan It (the gift of organization!)
- iTunes Gift Cards
- Chronicles of Narnia Radio Theater (excellent!)
- Buried in the Snow (Lamplighter Theater)
- Teddy's Button (Lamplighter Theater)
- Butterfly Garden and Caterpillars
- Classes (Music Lessons, Swim Lessons, Sewing, Wood-working, Art, Gymnastics; and maybe add something to go with the lessons like fabric, new swimsuit, new art supplies, leotard, etc.)
- Zoo Pass
- Museum Pass
- Infant Swimming Resource Lessons (ages 6 months-6 years)
- Magazine Subscription
- Tinkering Station
- Cooking Date with Mom or Dad (schedule a time, choose a recipe, pick the ingredients)
- Dinner out with mom or dad
- Against All Grain Cookbook (Love it!)
- Homemaker's Daily Planner
- New Bedding for anyone in the family (LOVE this shop! She has so many creative things that she sews--especially Super Hero Capes)
- Bend Soap (goat milk soap with essential oils that smell AMAZING!)
- Photo Calendar (or other specialty calendar)
- Annie's Organic Fruit Snacks
- Nick's Grass Fed Beef Sticks (these are awesome!)
- Peeled Snacks (scrumptious dried fruit!)
- Clif Kid Organic Fruit Ropes
- Natural Personal Hand Sanitizers for Kids
- Earthpaste Toothpaste (This toothpaste has been the most effective at fighting cavities in our family!)
Books for Kids:
- Christian Heroes: Then and Now (We can't get enough of these!) Set 1; Set 2
- The Big Green Pocketbook
- Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear?
- Missionary Stories with the Millers
- The Boxcar Children Books
- No Children, No Pets
- Nate Saint (one of our all-time favorites!)
- If Jesus Came to My House
- Let's Remember Jesus' Birth at Christmas
- The Pine Tree Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Romantic Getaway
- Cleaning Service (even if it's for just one time!)
- Accomplishing something on her "Honey-Do" List
- Hair cut at a fancy salon
- Monthly flower delivery
Gifts for Him:
- Guys Night
- Romantic Getaway
- Car Wash Tickets
- Oil Change Tickets
- Gift certificate for a round of golf
- Hobby Gifts (tees for golf, ammo, membership to a shooting range, gun cleaning supplies)
Juice Plus+-"Juice Plus+ is whole food based nutrition, including juice powder concentrates from 30 different fruits, vegetables and grains. Juice Plus+ helps bridge the gap between what you should eat and what you do eat every day. Not a multivitamin, medicine, treatment or cure for any disease, Juice Plus+ is made from quality ingredients carefully monitored from farm to capsule to provide natural nutrients your body needs to be at its best."
Thanks so much for visiting Purposeful Homemaking. Stay connected so you don't miss a thing:
- My eBooks: A Wife's Guide to Studying Proverbs, Topical Devotions for Pregnancy and Early Potty Teaching.This post may involve product that was received in exchange for a review or contain affiliate links for which I will earn compensation should you choose to make a purchase. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Thank you for your support of Purposeful Homemaking.