I came up with this recipe the other day based on some of my favorite flavors from traditional homemade chicken noodle soup but added in a few beneficial herbs and spices that help combat cancer cells and the results were amazing. This soup does not have chicken in it, although this time around I did use my homemade bone broth. Future batches will have homemade vegetable broth.
My family and I loved the soup and I think you will, too! I was so thrilled with the outcome and knew I had to share it with others. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch of leeks (If you don't know what leeks are, they look like a gigantic version of green onions. Seriously, don't skip these unless you have to. They add such great flavor to the soup.)
- 8 c. vegetable or chicken broth
- 8-10 medium/large sized carrots, peeled and sliced
- Uddo's Kitchen Red Lentil Penne Rice Pasta (You can get this on Amazon or Costco and it is SO good. We're new to alternatives for wheat pasta and we all loved it!)
- 1 t. parsley
- 2 t. salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of turmeric
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1/4 t. curry powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. mustard powder
Add your vegetables, spices, herbs and broth to a large stock pot. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Let me know if you try this recipe and if so, what you think!
Thanks so much for visiting Purposeful Homemaking. Stay connected so you don't miss a thing:
- My eBooks: A Wife's Guide to Studying Proverbs, Topical Devotions for Pregnancy and Early Potty Teaching.This post may involve product that was received in exchange for a review or contain affiliate links for which I will earn compensation should you choose to make a purchase. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Thank you for your support of Purposeful Homemaking.