I'm on a smoothie kick these days because I'm trying to find healthy breakfast options that are fairly quick to make. I love the flavor combination of this one and since it helps boost your immune system it's a great smoothie to work into your wintertime meal plan.
- 1/4 t. Spirulina (this is GREAT for you but it's important to choose a brand that is organic and third party tested. I like this one.)
- 1 c. fresh squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/2 c. frozen organic blueberries
- 1 handful of gogi berries (Don't skip these! They add a lot of nutrition but also really make the flavor fantastic!)
- 2 bananas
- 3 spoonfuls of yogurt (we use a dairy free option)
- 1 t. chia seeds (These are great for fighting cancer and are also high in Calcium and Fiber.)
- 1 T Flaxeeds (Very good for your health!)
- ice (after adding the above ingredients, fill the Vitamix to the top with ice)
Blend all of the ingredients together until you get a great consistency (probably around 20 seconds). Enjoy!
We use a Vitamix 2-3 times per day most days in our home so I would say it's our most beloved kitchen appliance (other than a stove and dishwasher!). It really has been the absolute one purchase that has helped us make great strides towards better health. I think everyone should have one!
While it's super important to focus on nutrition in our home we won't (and can't) make perfect food choices. That's where Juice Plus+ comes in. Juice Plus+ is whole food based nutrition, including juice powder concentrates from 30 different fruits, vegetables and grains.
Juice Plus+ helps bridge the gap between what you should eat and what you do eat every day. Not a multivitamin, medicine, treatment or cure for any disease, Juice Plus+ is made from quality ingredients carefully monitored from farm to capsule to provide natural nutrients your body needs to be at its best.
That's why I'm thankful our family started using Juice Plus+ to help bridge the nutritional gap. For more information about how to get 30 fruits and veggies into your diet on a daily basis, click here. Psst...did you know children ages 4+ can get Juice Plus+ for free? It's easy and no strings attached!
Thanks so much for visiting Purposeful Homemaking. Stay connected so you don't miss a thing:
This post may involve product that was received in exchange for a review or contain affiliate links for which I will earn compensation should you choose to make a purchase. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Thank you for your support of Purposeful Homemaking.